HISTORy


From the Middle Ages there were on both sides of the border near Dečín iron mills, metals melting shops and forges, which mostly in the Thirty Years' War came to an end. After 1750 started a production of cast tin spoons, later door handles, buckles, horse shoes, bells, jingle bells and decorations on horse harness in the village of Tyssa (Tisá). Already in 1757 produced Christian Hiecke in Petrovice tin buckles and since 1770 dates documented history of tin and generally metal buttons in northern Bohemia.

At the beginning of the 20th century there were in Tisá and its area employed more than 3,000 workers, producing over 300 kinds of buttons, where as the types and designs were modified according to the wishes of customers. 
Here were developed machines and devices for buttons pressing, whose mechanism has been carefully kept secret for competitive reasons.Buttons gradually found its selling areas in all the continents and Tisá became the birthplace of the metal buttons industry in Europe.